GENEVA LAKE ENVIRONMENTAL AGENCY (GLEA)

WILLIAMS BAY, WISCONSIN

Monthly business meeting of the  Geneva Lake Environmental Agency,

Thursday September 16, 2021

 

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, the monthly business meeting of the GLEA will be held at Room 108 of Lowry Hall on the campus of George Williams College on Thursday September 16, 2021

 at 6:30 pm. 

 Mask and social distancing per GWC’s present policy will be in effect for those attending.

 

AGENDA

THE FOLLOWING AGENDA ITEMS NEED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION.

 

Call Meeting of GLEA Board of Directors to Order – Chairman L. Lundberg.

Roll Call.

 

General Business:

            Comments from the public.

1.  Approve minutes of August 19, and the August 25, 2021 closed meetings minutes.

2.  Monthly Review Items:

            a. Action on August 2021 Income Statement.

            b. Action on August 2021 Balance Sheet

            c. Bookkeeper’s August Disbursement Report

            d. Bookkeeper’s ongoing Donation Report

            e. Action on Staff Report: 

                     -Director’s report for August - September 2021

 

Possible action on the following Business.

  1. Updates on CD3 cleaning station and CBCW.

  2. Dredging Trinke Lagoon, update.  

  3. Update on search for Director.

  4. Update on hand pulling and plant survey.

  5. Review comments from Integrated Lakes Management.

  6. Update on annual mailing.

  7. 2021 Annual boat count.

  8. Boat launch fee justification update.

  9. 2022 GLEA preliminary budget

  10. Set next meeting date.

  11. Adjournment

     

Posted: September 13, 2021 at GLEA office and website .https://www.genevalakemanagement.com/

and at the City of Lake Geneva Website, https://www.cityoflakegeneva.com/

Theodore Peters, Director, glea@genevaonline.com

GENEVA LAKE ENVIRONMENTAL AGENCY

WILLIAMS BAY, WISCONSIN

Board of Director’s Meeting Official Minutes.

September 16, 2021

The GLEA board meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm, Thursday September 16, 2021, by Chair Lundberg, Room 108 Lowrey Hall on the campus of George Williams College Williams Bay, WI.

Members/staff present:  P. Kenny (Fontana), M.J. Fesenmaier (L.G.), Boyd Whiting (Linn Twn.), J. Lovell (Walworth Twn.), R. Umans (W.B.), L. Lundberg (W.B.) T. Peters (Director), A. Townsend (Admin. Asst).

Guests:  Doris Roan, Kathy. Leith,

Members Absent:  R. Pappas (Fontana), T. O’Neill (L.G.), J. Weiss (Linn Twn.).

 

Meeting called to order by Chair Lundberg at 6:30 pm. 

Roll Call

No comments from the public.

 

General business

  1. Motion by P. Kenny to accept the August 19 business meeting’s minutes. 4 yeas, , R. Umans abstained. Motion by P. Kenny to accept the August 25, 2021, meeting’s  minutes.CU  

  2. Monthly Review Items.

    1. a. Motion by R. Umans to accept the August 2021 Income Statement. CU

    2. b. Motion by J. Lovell to accept the August 2021 Balance statement. CU

          c.d. Copies of the disbursement and donation reports were reviewed, no action.

          e.    Director’s Report. Discussion on Clean Boats Clean Waters grant received from Lake                        Geneva Garden Club,  EEF and GLA pretty much covered the cost. 

                Discussion on Dr. Splinter who is doing watershed monitoring possibly doing a study to                    look at the  inorganic vs organic makeup of the sediment in Trinke lagoon.   If he can                        find some students from this  area to help with the study, we might be able to get grant                  money to help with the cost.  Motion by P. Kenny to accept the Director’s report. CU.

Business

  1.  Peters discussed the CD3 station.  The station was moved to a new location in Lake Geneva.  Need to speak with the manufacturer regarding issues with reports and maintenance.  Need to question the owners of the unit on storage for the winter.  Discussed launch fee increase to cover cost of CD3 station and staff.  Station should be used before boat is launched.  From survey: 10% of boaters have been on another lake.  90% haven’t been to another lake.   Should be done in about a week.  Will go over shut down protocol.  CBCW issues with entering data.  Paid out more hours then what is on the website.  307 Hrs. / 857 boats / 1139 people. Will make a summary report on CBCW.  (Apply for grant cut off Sept. 2, 2021.)  We already had a grant, but may still be able to submit for one.

  2. Peters discussed dredging Trinke Lagoon update.  He has called the engineer twice, texted him once.  Haven’t heard from him.  It is going to be a year and half so maybe they don’t feel rushed. 

  3.  Update on search for Director was discussed in previous closed meeting.  Waiting to pay invoice until we hire per agreement.

  4. Peters discussed hand pulling and plant survey.  He put together a summary, but is waiting for some answers from the hand puller.  Looking to get a sense of volume of mass that was removed.    Plant survey final report in 2 weeks, waiting for numbers.  Then  we will have to pay. 

  5. Peters discussed Integrated Lakes Management offer to review the Big Foot Creek Watershed Study and Recommendations. They are not sure if our flow data is accurate.  Their final recommendation is to follow the RES recommendations.  To collect additional water quality data findings prior to finalizing our design.   Peters feels what was collected was as good as your going to get unless you are willing to spend a lot of money.   M.J. Fesenmaier brought up a newspaper article and asked, what are the chances the BFCW will be put on the Impaired Waters List?  With the phosphorous levels in it, it might.  But if it is, there is a chance that more funding would be available.  Question if it is an navigable  stream and if so would that give us access to test.  Testing has been done on DNR land and we had permission to test. 

  6. Annual mailing is complete.

  7. 2021 annual boat count was not done this year, never heard back from the water safety patrol. 

  8. Boat launch fee justification update, need to talk to the communities DNR controls the fees.  We need to petition them to raise the fees.   Winter project.

  9. Peters reveied the proposed 2022 GLEA preliminary budget and some of the line items.  We are asking for $10,000  more from each community for a total per community request of $35,000.  Many changes in  2022 for GLEA will cause increased expenditures. Discussed some minor changes.   Motion by P. Kenny to accept preliminary budget with changes.  CU

  10. Next meeting date set for Thursday, October 21, 2021.

  11. Moved to adjourn by P. Kenny at 6:37 pm.

 

 

Dated October 5, 2021.  Upon approval, posted at the GLEA office and website www.genevalakemanagement.com/

These minutes were recorded and transcribed by Aimee Townsend, GLEA Administrative Assistant..

 

Approved 102121