GENEVA LAKE ENVIRONMENTAL AGENCY (GLEA)
WILLIAMS BAY, WISCONSIN
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MONTHLY MEETING
Thursday March 18, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, the monthly meeting of the Geneva Lake Environmental Agency’s Board of Directors will be held as a GoToMeeting on Thursday March 18, beginning at 6:30 p.m. In person attendance at the Lake Geneva City Council Chambers will require masks and social distancing. Those wishing to attend virtually can use this link:
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Thu, Mar 18, 2021 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM (CDT)
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States: +1 (224) 501-3412 - One-touch: tel:+12245013412,,375119453#
Access Code: 375-119-453
THE FOLLOWING AGENDA ITEMS NEED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION.
Call Meeting of GLEA Board of Directors to Order – Chairman L. Lundberg.
1. Approve minutes of February 18, 2021 meeting’s minutes.
2. Monthly Review Items:
a. Action on bookkeeper’s Income Statement – February 2021.
b. Action on Bookkeeper’s Balance Sheet – February 2021
c. Bookkeeper’s Disbursement Report – February 2021
d. Bookkeeper’s ongoing Donation Report as of February 28, 2021
e. Action on Staff Report:
-Director’s report for Feb-March 2021
Discussion and possible action on the following Business.
Fisheries Manager Travis Motl, re; health of GL fisheries, northern pike.
Action on aquatic plant survey proposal by SEWRPC.
Update on staff positions, summer intern and CBCW
GLEA and boat cleaning station.
Future Geneva Lake management options.
a. No change.
b. Expand GLEA w/o changing existing Uniform Agreement.
c. Change Uniform Agreement (How and to what?)
d. Lake District option.
6. Formation of ad hoc transition committee to address.
a. hiring new director/administrator
i. establish timeline, April 30.
ii. advertise, search.
iv. future role of existing director
b. Implement action relative to future direction per agenda item 1 above.
7) Commissioner’s Report
8) Set next meeting date.
Posted: March 15, 2021 at GLEA office and website .https://www.genevalakemanagement.com/
and at the City of Lake Geneva Website, https://www.cityoflakegeneva.com/
Theodore Peters, Director, email@example.com
GENEVA LAKE ENVIRONMENTAL AGENCY
WILLIAMS BAY, WISCONSIN
Board of Director’s Meeting Official Minutes.
March 18, 2021
The GLEA board meeting was called to order at 6:32 pm, Thursday March 18, 2021 by Vice-Chair J. Lovell at the City of Lake Geneva’s council chambers in a GoToMeeting format.
Members/staff in-person present: M.J. Fesenmaier (LG), T. O’Neill (LG) T. Peters, Director,
In-person guest, C. Roan, D. Roan. T. O’ Neill (LG), T. Dunn (L.G. Alderman).
Members virtually present: P. Kenny (Fontana), J. Weiss (Linn), J. Lovell (Walworth Twn.)
Guest virtually present: D. Malmin, K. Leith., J. Happ (GLC)
Members Absent: J. McMannamy (WB), R. Pappas (Fontana), Boyd Whiting (Linn Twn), L. Lundberg (W. B)
1. Motion by P. Kenny to accept the February 18, 2021 minutes. CU.
2. Monthly review items.
a. P. Kenny moved to accept the Income Statements for February 2021. CU.
b. P. Kenny moved to accept the balanced sheet for February 2021. CU.
c. The Jan 2021 disbursement and donation reports were distributed. Peters mentioned the large single $18,000 payment to the USGS is to be billed quarterly but they forget about it and end up sending us a one-time bill at the end of the year. Their fiscal years is Oct. – Sept 30. No action.
d. Peters discussed the CBCW reimbursement, moss balls, and the GLC receipt of the grant for the CD3 boat cleaning stations. Motion by J. Weiss to accept the Director’s report. CU.
Discussion and possible action on the following business.
WI DNR fish manager Travis Motl could not attend as they are out setting nets.
Motion by P. Kenny to accept and have Peters sign the aquatic plant survey proposal from SEWRPC. CU.
Peters stated that they have been several, 4-5, applicants for the summer intern position, no applicants for the Clean Boats Clean Waters or Director positions. It was suggested to contact last year’s CBCW inspectors.
Peters informed the board that the Geneva Lake Conservancy was awarded a lake grant to purchase a CD3 boat cleaning station. The GLEA needs to decide what its role will be involving the boat cleaning station relative to Bob Morava’s presentation on the CD3 cleaning stations and the role of the GLEA to be responsible for the O & M of they system. Motion by M. J. Fesenmaier to have the GLEA continue to stay involved in the planning and establishing a CD3 cleaning station and for Peters to explore the questions of ownership, moving, storage, care, repair, costs, and insurance and to report back to the board at next meeting. CU.
Peters listed several future directions for the GLEA and Geneva Lake’s management.
Suggest for consideration were,
a. No change.
b. Expand GLEA with present Uniform Agreement.
c. Change the Uniform Agreement for future changes.
d. Form a lake district.
There was a consensus that a lake district was not preferred. Discussion followed on the others with no specific option chosen. It was suggested to form an ad hoc committee per the By-Laws to address the future of the GLEA, how the GLEA will fit into the future of Geneva Lake’s management and what to do about GLEA staff to fill that role.
6. Discussion took place on the composition of the ad hoc committee. Although it was felt it best to be comprised of GLEA elected board members and to give others an opportunity to have comments. Motion by M.J. Fesenmaier to form an Ad-hoc committee of three GLEA board members to create and present a transition plan to the GLEA board at the next meeting. It was also put forth to use the Geneva Lake Association, the Geneva Lake Conservancy, and the Alliance as resources in this process and to give them an opportunity for input into the process but not with voting rights.
7. An ad-hoc committee of M.J. Fesenmaier, J. Weiss and P. Kenny with Peters as the non- voting secretary to keep minutes, was formed with the first meeting date set to as soon a date for all members could be found.
8. M.J. Fesenmaier mentioned that the City is looking at changes to their zoning standards to allow for more impervious area in lakefront properties. She asked if the other communities could check their impervious standards for lakefront property and get back to Ted. She also asked what other communities have for a phosphorus fertilizer ordinance. P. Kenny mentioned that South Shore Dr. is nearly finished, and the Triathlon is scheduled for September.
Next meeting date set for April 15, 2021 at 6:30 pm at lake Geneva in the same format.
Motion to adjourn by P.. Kenny at 8:05 pm. CU.
Dated March 24, 2021. Upon approval, posted at the GLEA office and website www.genevalakemanagement.com/
These minutes were recorded and transcribed by Theodore W. Peters, Director GLEA.