GENEVA LAKE ENVIRONMENTAL AGENCY (GLEA)
WILLIAMS BAY, WISCONSIN
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MONTHLY MEETING
Thursday January 21, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, the monthly meeting of the Geneva Lake Environmental Agency’s Board of Directors will be held as a GoToMeeting on Thursday January 21, 2021 beginning at 6:30 p.m. In person attendance at the Lake Geneva City Hall will require masks and social distancing. Those wishing to attend virtually use this link:
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone. United States: +1 (224) 501-3412
Access Code: 926-413-709 New
THE FOLLOWING AGENDA ITEMS NEED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION.
Call Meeting of GLEA Board of Directors to Order – Chairman L. Lundberg.
1. Approve minutes of October 15, 2020 meeting’s minutes.
2. Monthly Review Items:
a. Action on bookkeeper’s Income Statement – October, November, and December 2020.
b. Action on Bookkeeper’s Balance Sheet – October, November, and December 2020.
c. Bookkeeper’s Disbursement Report – October, November, and December 2020.
d. Bookkeeper’s ongoing Donation Report as of December 31, 2020.
e. Action on Staff Report:
-Director’s report for October, November, and December 2020
Discussion and possible action on the following Business.
a. GLEA 2021 Budget, TWP pay.
b 2020 Aquatic Plant survey report.
c. Big Foot Creek Watershed Study, Phase I
d. Clean Boats, Clean Waters Report
e. 2020 starry stonewort management evaluation and recommendations for 2021 f. Roll over of CD.
2. 2021 Aquatic Plant Survey how and whom.
3. Update on Big Foot Creek Watershed Study, Phase II
4. 2021 Ice-On contest
5. Dan Oliaro field work.
6. 2021 CBCW
7. Results and discussion on 2020 Private Well testing
8. 2020 Boat Count
9. 2021 benthic littoral macro-invert study.
10. Community launch survey
11. Lake use Survey
12. Commissioner’s Report
Set next meeting date.
Posted: Jan 13, 2021.at GLEA office and website .https://www.genevalakemanagement.com/
And at the City of Lake Geneva Website,
Theodore Peters, Director,
GENEVA LAKE ENVIRONMENTAL AGENCY
WILLIAMS BAY, WISCONSIN
Board of Director’s Meeting Official Minutes.
January 21, 2021
The GLEA board meeting was called to order at 6:35 pm, Thursday January 21, 2021 by Chair L. Lundberg at the City of Lake Geneva’s council chambers in a GoToMeeting format.
Members In-Person Present: L. Lundberg (W. B), M.J. Fesenmaier (LG), T. Peters., Director.
Members Virtually Present: P. Kenny (Fontana), J. Weiss (Linn), J. Lovell (Walworth Twn.)
Also virtually Present: Guests; D. Malmin , K. Leith., C. Klein ( L.G. Mayor) and an unknown guest.
Members Absent: J. McMannamy (WB), R. Pappas (Fontana), T. O’Neill(LG), Boyd Whiting (Linn Twn),
Meeting called to order by Chairman Lundberg at 6:37 pm.
General Monthly Business:
Motion by P. Kenny to accept the October 15, 2020 minutes. CU.
2. Monthly review items.
a. P. Kenny moved to accept the Income Statements and Balance Sheets for Oct., Nov., and Dec. 2020. CU.
b. No questions on the Disbursement reports. Peters pointed out the donation total for 2020 exceeded our budgeted amount.
c. Motion by M.J. Fesenmaier to accept the Director’s report. CU.
1. Action on the following
a. Discussion followed on the proposed 2021 budget. Peters went through the modification relative to the preliminary budget approved in October. Discussion i included how to appropriate salaries and how to pay Peters. It was pointed out the udget shows a $47,893 deficit that will be covered by the GLEA’s reserve. Motion by M.J. Fesenmaier to accept the budget numbers with the understanding that the breakdown of payroll numbers may change with a better understanding of what will become of the Director’s position. CU
b. Motion by M.J. Fesenmaier to continue paying Peters as in 2020 until the new position is filled. CU.
c. After a brief discussion, P. Kenny made a motion to accept the 2020 Aquatic Plant Survey Report. CU.
d. Motion by J. Lovell to accept the Big Foot Creek Watershed Study, Phase I report. CU
e. Motion by J. Lovell to accept the 2020 Clean Boats, Clean Waters Report. CU
f. Discussion on the 2020 starry stonewort management evaluation and recommendation for 2021 followed. Specifically, concern was expressed about the deep-water starry stonewort bed and what to do in Trinke. It was suggested to meet with Trinke and discuss their objective in chemically treating the Lagoon and see if tey might be some coordination for SSW management. There was a suggestion that benthic barriers be explored for some areas in Trinke as a test project. Motion by J. Lovell to accept the 2020 starry stonewort management, evaluation and recommendation for 2021 to include coordinating with Trinke Property Owners Assoc. on the chemical treatment of Trinke Lagoon and the potential experiment of using benthic barriers. CU
It was also discussed that sometime in June, Peters should contact J. Lovell to discuss a dve for observation on the deep-water SSW site to observe what is happening to the area where the hand-pulling was conducted in 2020.
g. M.J. Fesemaier moved to renew the “Intern CD” at the rate of 14 months at 0.5%. CU
2. Discussion on the 2021 aquatic plant survey. Peters indicated that for 2021 a sub-PI survey will be conducted at all the access sites to Geneva Lake. Although it has not been finalized it looks as if SEWRPC will be doing the sub-PI survey. In 2022 a lake-wide PI survey is being considered.
3. Due to some staff issues the BFCW Phase II plan release is behind schedule. Peters will be meeting with the contractor Tuesday 1/26 to discuss the plan’s status and discussion.
4. Ice-On contest has a lower number of participants, due to COVID-19 and how the different schools are handling it.
5. Peters explained his plan for 2021 CBCW; hire two staff with the GLEA intern and himself also covering some launch time.
6,7,8. These items were discussed at the previous meeting. No further question.
9. Peters confirmed desire to reschedule the benthic littoral macro-invert study for 2021.
10. Peters mentioned that he has prepared a questionnaire for each community regarding the number of boats launched. He will send it to the board for review and asked them to llet him know who to best send it to for the info.
11. Peters again encouraged the development of a lake use survey, as was done prior at the last lake management plan update. He felt that the aquatic plant management plan, the watershed plan and the lake use survey are all vital components of an overall Lake management plan.
12. Nothing to add by the commissioners.
Next meeting date set for February 18. Most likely the same type and place.
Motion by J. Lovell to adjourn at 8:07 pm. CU
Dated January 22, 2021. Upon approval posted at the GLEA office and website
These minutes were recorded and transcribed by Theodore W. Peters, Director GLEA.