GENEVA LAKE ENVIRONMENTAL AGENCY (GLEA)
WILLIAMS BAY, WISCONSIN
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MONTHLY MEETING
Thursday February 20, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, the monthly meeting of the Geneva Lake Environmental Agency’s Board of Directors has been called for Thursday Feb 20, 2020 beginning at 6:30 p.m., at George Williams College Campus, Rm. 108 Lowrey Hall, Corner of Constance and Ravinia Dr., Williams Bay, Wisconsin.
THE FOLLOWING AGENDA ITEMS NEED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACTION.
Call Meeting of GLEA Board of Directors to Order – Chairman L. Lundberg.
1. Approve minutes for meetings held December 19, 2019.
2. Monthly Review Items:
a. Action on bookkeeper’s Income Statement – December 2019, Jan 2020.
b. Action on Bookkeeper’s Balance Sheet – December 2019, Jan 2020.
c. Bookkeeper’s Disbursement Report – December 2019, Jan 2020.
d. Bookkeeper’s ongoing Donation Report, 2019. Jan 2020.
e. Action on Staff Report:
-Director’s report for December 2019 - January 2020
Discussion and possible action on the following Old Business.
1. Update on Grants
a. Two Clean Boat Clean Water grants.
b. Large scale WI DNR Lake Planning Grant, Phase II of the Big Foot Creek Watershed study.
c. GLEA funding all of Big Foot Creek Watershed Study Phase II.
d. Scope amendment on two Rapid Response Grant for SSW management.
e. SSW buoys, permits and modification.
2. Private Beach sampling.
3. Action on AES proposal for Big Foot Creek Watershed Study.
4. GLEA 2020 budget changes.
Discussion and possible action on the following New Business.
1. W. Bay Master Naturalist training assistance.
2. Discussion and action on Aquatic Plant Management Plan.
3. Update on Geneva Lake Task Force
4. Action on purchase of new pH probe.
5. Intern update.
6. GLEA future
Set next meeting date.
Posted: 02/17/20 office and website .https://www.genevalakemanagement.com/
Theodore Peters, Director, email@example.com
GENEVA LAKE ENVIRONMENTAL AGENCY
WILLIAMS BAY, WISCONSIN
Board of Director’s Meeting Official Minutes.
February 20, 2020
The GLEA meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm, Thursday February 20, 2020 by Chair L. Lundberg, Room 108 Lowrey Hall, George Williams College Campus, Williams Bay WI.
Members Present: L. Lundberg (W. B), R. Pappas (Fontana), ), R. White (Linn Twn.), D. Skates (LG),
Also present: Ted Peters (director), Guests; D. Malmin , K. Leith. Tim Dunn, M. Fesenmaier.
Members Absent: J. Lovell (Walworth Twn.), J. McMannamy (WB), P. Kenny (Fontana)
1. Motion by R. White to accept the minutes from the December 19, 2019 meeting. CU
2. Monthly review items.
a. R. Pappas moved to accept the bookkeeper’s Income statement and Balance Sheet for December 2019 and January 2020. CU
b. The disbursements sheet and running donations for October and November 2019 were pass out for review.
c. Peters mentioned that Walworth County will be sponsoring a spring Landscapers Workshop and a Contractor’s workshop for updates on regs and rules. He will forward the dates and times to board members. Motion by D. Skates to accept the staff reports. CU.
Discussion and action on Old Business:
1. a. Peters reviewed the two Clean Boats Clean Waters grant from the WDNR. Motion by R. Pappas to accept the two Clean Boats Clean Water grants from the WDNR. CU.
b. Peters informed the board that the GLEA did not receive the Large-Scale Lake Planning Planning Grant that was applied for to cost share with the Phase II Big Foot Creek Watershed project. He stressed the importance of moving ahead with the project with the GLEA funding the full Phase II. He discussed the financial status of the GLEA and expressed that he felt that we had the money and pollution from this watershed was a major issue that needed to be address. Motion by R. Pappas to have the GLEA fund up to $55,000 for the project. CU. A review of the budget found the projected cost of the project is $48,304.
c. Motion by R. Pappas to approve the submitted and discussed Scope Changes to the two WDNR Rapid Response Grants from the starry stonewort management efforts. CU.
2. Peters explained that two of the buoys purchased last year for Trinke to warm boaters of starry stonewort will need to be modified to be placed in the water this year. Some money is in the grant for this modification. Motion by D. Skates to make the needed modifications and replace the buoys in the water next spring, not to exceed a cost of $400. CU.
3. Nothing to new regarding private beach testing.
4. Motion by R. Pappas (?) to accept the Applied Ecological Services bid on the Phase II Big Foot Creek Watershed Project. CU.
5. After considerable discussion and modifications on the newly proposed GLEA 2020 budget a motion by R. Pappas to accept the budget contingent to the incorporation of the changes discussed. Peters will make those changes and get a copy of the board for their final review. C. U.
Discussion and action of the following New Business.
1. Peters updated the board on the development of the Master Naturalist program that will be offered at KNC and his role in the presenting the Waters section.
2. It was decided to pursue a new Aquatic Plant Management Plan after the 2020 aquatic plant survey.
3. At the last Geneva Lake Task Force meeting it was decided to pursue developing a Watershed Plan with SEWRPC. A meeting was held with SEWRPC to discuss the possibility, but Peters did not attend. At the Task Force meeting, members were asked to commit to at least one of three committees of focuses, Phosphorus, Invasive Species and Agriculture/Septic Issues. Peters explained that he would be active in the aquatic invasives and the septic issues.
4. Motion by R. Pappas approve the purchase of a new pH probe and thermometers for a cost of $339.97. CU
5. Nothing new on intern/summer employees.
6. Peters distributed a listing of job responsibilities/job description that he has put together. Discussion followed on the hiring of a “headhunter” with suggestion of starting with a local individual who does this type of work. $2,500 was budgets for a start of that search.
Nothing to add by the commissioners.
Next meeting set for March 19, 2020 same place and time.
Motion to adjourn by R. Pappas at 7:56 pm.
Dated February 21, 2020. Upon approval posted at the GLEA office and website www.genevalakemanagement.com/
These minutes were recorded and transcribed by Theodore W. Peters, Director GLEA.